It’s simple to create an Apple ID, but there may be more steps involved if you want to create one without inputting your credit card information. In contrast to earlier times, when creating an Apple ID required providing your credit card information, you can now establish one by omitting that step. Curious about how? Here are three methods to set up an Apple ID without using a credit card. To learn more, continue to scroll.
- How to create a new Apple ID without a credit card
- Removing payment information from an existing Apple ID on iPhone
How to create a new Apple ID without a credit card
You have to sign out of your current ID (if any) before you can begin. Go to Settings, tap your Apple ID name at the top, scroll to the bottom, and select Sign Out to accomplish this.
on iPhone and iPad
- Open the App Store and select a free app to install.
- You ll be instantly prompted to sign in using Apple ID. Select Create new ID.
- Create an ID using either Mail ID or Phone Number. (I chose the former.)
- Enter email ID & password. Tap Next.
- Register your details and tap Next again.
- Now, you ll have three options, enter card details, PayPal Login, or None. Select none and tap next to proceed.
- Verify your phone number and mail ID by entering the six-digit code sent.
Wasn’t that easy?
Note: When configuring your iPhone for the first time, are you a novice user generating a new Apple ID? During the setup procedure, you have the option to withhold your card details.
Let’s look at how to set up a new Apple ID on a Mac without using a credit card.
Note: For this to function, you need to be signed out of your App Store account.
- Open the App Store on your Mac.
- Click an app to install it.
- You ll be asked to sign in using an existing ID or create a new one. Select Create new ID.
- Enter your preferred email ID and Password, followed by your details.
- Click Next.
- In the payment details, select None and tap Next to proceed.
Using the Apple ID website
- Open Chrome/Safari and visit appleid.apple.com.
- Click Create Your Apple ID at the top right corner.
- Enter your details and click Continue at the bottom.
- You ll now be asked to verify your email ID and Phone Number using a six-digit code.
- Once done, you ll reach the manage section of your profile. Click Add Payment Method under Payment and Shipping.
- Add your shipping and billing address and select None in the payment method.
- Once done, click Save.
Note: The payment method has None chosen by default. Therefore, you are not required to proceed with the process after forcibly obtaining a new Apple ID.
Removing payment information from existing Apple ID on iPhone
In the past, adding a payment method was required when creating a new Apple ID. Although this was meant to make things easier, there are situations when it could cause issues, such as when you pay for an app without realizing it or when someone else uses your iPhone.
Recognizing this, here is a comprehensive instruction explaining how to remove payment information from your current Apple ID on an iPhone.
Did you successfully create an Apple ID without a credit card?
Your Apple ID will be useful to you in the future for many things thanks to Apple’s unified ecosystem. To avoid unintentional expenditure, some customers may not want to add their credit card information. I hope the details you supplied answered your question. Please feel free to leave any additional queries you may have in the space provided for comments below if they concern your Apple ID.
- How to change Apple ID without losing data
- Delete Apple ID Account Permanently
- How to fix Update Apple ID Settings issue on iPhone
- 11 Ways to secure your Apple ID on iPhone, iPad, and Mac