During WWDC23, Apple revealed iOS 17. Numerous intriguing features, including NameDrop, Live Voicemail Transcriptions, customized Contact Posters, and much more, are included in the most recent version of iOS. Here’s how to get the iOS 17.2 beta 1 on your iPhone if you’re keen to do so.
- iOS 17 Supported devices
- How to install iOS 17.2 beta 1 on iPhone
- Download and install iOS 17.2 beta 1 using Finder
Before starting, kindly take notice of:
- Betas can be buggy sometimes. Before proceeding, make sure you back up your iPhone to iCloud or a computer. Alternatively, installing iOS 17 on a secondary device would be best.
iOS 17 supported devices
- iPhone 15 series
- iPhone 14 series
- iPhone 13 series
- iPhone 12 series
- iPhone 11 series
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XR
- iPhone SE (2020)
- iPhone SE (2022)
How to install iOS 17.2 beta 1 on iPhone
- Launch the Settings app General Software Update.
- Tap Beta Updates.
- Select iOS 17.2 Beta 1.
- Tap the Back option and hit Download and Install option from the interface appearing on your screen.
If you are having trouble downloading the update, it is probably because a number of developers are attempting to do so, which could be taxing on the Apple servers. Please give it some time to wait. See iOS 17 stuck on the Update Requested screen if you still require assistance. This is how to resolve it.
You might need to enter your Apple ID password and iPhone passcode after installing the iOS 17 beta in order to maintain updates for iCloud and other related settings.
Note: To download the iOS 17 Public Beta, select iOS 17 Public Beta from the available options and follow the above-mentioned steps 1-3.
Download and install iOS 17.2 beta 1 using Finder
You can utilize Finder on macOS Monterey or later to download the iOS 17 beta if you are unable to do so directly. That’s how:
- Download the iOS beta software restore image from the Apple Developer download page.
- Launch Finder and connect your iPhone to your Mac.
- Select your iPhone.
- Press and hold the Option key in the Summary panel, and click Restore iPhone.
- Choose the iOS beta software restore file and open it.
- Now, click Restore to begin the installation.
Your iPhone will restart when the beta has successfully installed. For the activation to be completed, the device must have an active network connection.
To test out the new features, follow these steps to download and install iOS 17.2 beta 1 on your iPhone. Please feel free to ask any more questions in the comments section below.
Video: How to install the iOS 17 developer beta
You could read these as well:
- How to free up space on iPhone and iPad
- Apple s Developer Beta vs. Public Beta vs. Stable version: What is different?
- How to prepare your iPhone for iOS 17
- iOS 17: Best hidden features, compatible devices, release date and more