Have you ever wondered how to keep your iPhone’s battery in good condition? If so, Apple has everything you need. You can limit battery charging for the iPhone 15 series to 80%. But we devised a workaround because we couldn’t bear to abandon other people. Continue reading to learn how to restrict the charging of your iPhone to 80%.
- How to enable 80% charging limit on iPhone 15 or later
- Limit battery charging to 80% on any iPhone
- Potential benefits of restricting iPhone battery charging to 80%
How to enable 80% charging limit on iPhone 15 or later
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and select Battery.
- Tap Battery Health & Charging to proceed.
- Choose Charging Optimization when prompted.
- Select 80% Limit to conclude the process.
Note: You can take the same actions if you need to undo these modifications.
Battery optimization on the iPhone 15 series not only extends the life of your reliable friend, but it also adds a level of sophisticated tech-savvy design. Regretfully, older iPhone models are not covered by this.
Don’t worry, though; there is still another way to access this useful feature that will extend the life of your device’s battery.
Limit battery charging to 80% on any iPhone
- Access the shortcut link of 80% Charge Alarm.
- Tap Get Shortcut to begin.
- When prompted, select the Add Shortcut option.
- Now, head to the Automation menu Choose New Automation.
- Search for Charger Select Charger from the results.
- Set the parameters as highlighted in the image below.
- Hit Next to proceed.
- Tap the My Shortcuts menu and choose the 80% Charge Alarm automation.
Currently, a ringing sound will hear anytime your device is charged and the battery level hits 80%.
Potential benefits of restricting iPhone battery charging to 80%
Now that you are fully knowledgeable about this effective battery accessory, let’s discuss its advantages.
- One major advantage is the prolonged lifespan of the iPhone s battery. Lithium-ion batteries used in these devices degrade over time if continuously charged at max capacities.
- Overcharging a battery can result in excess energy being converted into heat. If users restrict iPhone charging to 80%, they conserve energy and minimize the possibility of overheating in the long run.
In the end, using this method can give iPhone owners increased battery life and guarantee top performance all the way through the device’s lifespan.
The effect on regular use is negligible. You will notice an improvement in the longevity and health of your iPhone’s battery over time, but it will still operate normally.
For best health, Apple advises charging your iPhone battery between 20 and 80% of its capacity as of this writing.
This is a rather prevalent problem among iPhone owners. But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered with our comprehensive information on battery drain.
Enable the iPhone!
And that’s all, astute iPhone users! With this newfound information, you can confidently manage the way your smartphone charges, resulting in a longer and more wholesome battery life. Accept the 80% charge cap and allow your iPhone to continue to function.
I’m grateful that you read. Kindly pause to share your opinions in the space provided below for comments.
- How to check iPhone battery charge cycle count
- Best MagSafe battery packs for iPhone
- How to show battery percentage on iPhone